Terms & Conditions
Please ensure we have all of your most up to date contact details so we can let you know of any important updates regarding your subscription. Update your contact details here.
The term ‘subscription’ refers to the arrangement between you and us (Hearst Magazines UK) for you to receive a service or product from us regularly by paying in advance. This can include:
- Digital Only Subscription: subscribers receive access to the app which includes the digital edition of the magazine.
- Digital + Print Subscription: all the benefits of the Digital Only Subscription plus the physical magazine delivered to your address.
- Membership Subscription (we sometimes call this simply “Membership”): all the benefits of the Digital + Print Subscription plus additional benefits and exclusive content. Membership Subscriptions are available only for some of our titles.
The following terms apply to all purchases you make from us:
- You can find everything you need to know about us, Hearst UK, and our products on our website before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to purchase a subscription.
- Geographical restrictions may apply to certain Subscriptions and Memberships. This will be stated within the purchase journey if applicable.
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- The costs of delivery (if applicable) will be as displayed to you on our website.
- In order to offer you our fantastic savings, subscriptions may not include promotional items packaged with the magazine at the newsstand.
- Any savings advertised are based on the UK basic cover price of magazines. Offers are valid for specified region and by payment method advertised only.
- If you’ve supplied a valid email address, your order will be acknowledged via email within 48 hours with a confirmation of your start issue. Alternatively, if we don't hold an email address, your order will be acknowledged within 5 working days by post.
- You are advised that if you do not create an account after signing up, you may not be able to access the services and products you have purchased, and we can end our contract with you and stop providing the subscription.
- If supply to you is delayed by an event outside our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and other credentials (your “Credentials”) that you will be asked to create to access the membership, its features, or portions thereof. We are not responsible for any misuse of your Credentials by any third party, whether authorized by you or not. You agree to immediately notify Hearst of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Credentials or any other breach of security. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from unauthorized use of your Credentials or for your failure to follow the requirements set out in this Agreement.
- Subscription features may include (specific platforms and features may differ based on your selected subscription which means that not all of the following features may be available to you):
- Digital features: You will have immediate access to all app-hosted features applicable to your subscription.
- Newsletter: The Subscription you purchase may include a newsletter(s). You will be informed of any newsletters that are part of your Subscription during your purchase journey. Should you wish to stop receiving any newsletter you can do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained within the email.
- Magazine: You will receive your first issue in line with your acknowledgement email or letter.
- Membership features: If you’ve purchased a membership and created an account at point of sign up, you will have immediate access to all exclusive member features, which might include content, videos, plans, offers and more.
- We will send you service emails relating to your subscription such as issue dispatch notifications. These will be sent regardless of your marketing communication preferences - to ensure you receive these notifications please ensure that we have your correct email address by checking your details here.
- Gifts with purchase or products purchased as part of a subscription (“Product(s)”): Should we run out of the listed item you will be offered an alternative product of a similar value. If your subscription includes a Product, this will be sent separately to the magazine, and we ask customers to allow up to 28 days of your first successful payment for delivery. We will notify you via email once the Product has been dispatched. Unless otherwise specified when you purchase a subscription, Products are sent to the billing address of the payer. Hearst UK reserves the right to amend or terminate an order and/or request the return of Products in cases of suspected breach by you of these terms. If you change your mind and cancel your subscription order before you receive any of the products or services, but you have already received the Product or it has been dispatched to you, you must return the Product to us at your own cost.
- Specific subscription terms vary depending on the magazine brand and will be outlined during your purchase journey and in your acknowledgement email or letter.
- If there is an issue processing your subscription or membership, or if your magazine is returned as undelivered by Royal Mail, we will use reasonable endeavours to contact you to try to ensure you receive an uninterrupted service.
- Gift Subscriptions:If you've purchased a gift subscription, we will notify you once we have dispatched the first issue to the recipient. If the recipient wishes to receive future service emails relating to their subscription, they can update their details here.
- Free trials:If at any point of an existing magazine-only subscription, you were offered a free trial, the terms and conditions apply as outlined to you in the upgrade process.
- Prima Pattern:If you would like to receive the complimentary pattern as part of your subscription, please register here.
- Our customer service team will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products. You can content them on +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re in the UK, or +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re overseas, or visit our FAQ's.
- These terms are governed by English law.
Renewals, Changes and Cancellations
- Your subscription contract will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term. You will be informed of your renewal subscription term during the purchase journey. You can cancel this at any time, but no later than 28 days before the end of a subscription term via our self-service portal, by calling customer service on +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re in the UK, or +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re overseas, or by cancelling at the bank. We will contact you in good time before the expiry of your subscription term to remind you that your subscription will renew unless you notify us otherwise.
- If you have purchased a Digital Only Subscription, you have 14 days after the date we confirm your order to change your mind and cancel the subscription. If you have purchased a Digital + Print Subscription or a Membership, you have 14 days after the date when you receive the first physical issue (or Product), whichever is earlier) to change your mind and cancel the subscription. If you change your mind, contact our customer service team on +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re in the UK, or +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re overseas . If you cancel within this period, we will refund you within 14 days (or up to 28 days in the case of cheques) of you telling us you’ve changed your mind. We refund you by the method you used for payment. If you have received a Product, or your Product has already been dispatched, you forfeit your right to a refund until you have returned the Product to us, unopened and unused. Please note that when you cancel your subscription within the periods described above, your access to our services will stop and you will be required to forfeit any subscription benefits that you have received, including sign-up offers, vouchers or any other benefits connected to your subscription.
- We can change an offering (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; (b) to implement minor technical improvements and adjustments, for example to address a security threat or; (c) to update digital content provided that the description of the digital content always matches the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it. We might ask you to install these updates. Failure to make updates that we notify you about may mean that you are unable to access our services and your Subscription.
- Otherwise, we may change our subscription entitlements at any time with 30 days’ notice and you may cancel your subscription within this notice period.
- We can suspend the supply of a product to (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; (b) deal with circumstances outside our control; (c) protect the interests of innocent third parties; (d) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or (e) make enhancements to the product. We will contact you in advance to tell you we’re suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- We can end our contract with you and stop providing the subscription if (a) you don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 14 days of our reminding you that payment is due; or (b) you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation or access that we need to provide the subscription.
- Magazine frequencies are subject to change, and we reserve the right to adjust these at any time. We’ll notify customers in advance of any changes and inform you, should this change your debit debt collection dates.
- Direct Debit offers:
- An initial payment for the number of months specified in the applicable offer will be taken and thereafter the subscription will continue at the renewal rate specified, unless you are notified otherwise.
- Direct Debit Subscriptions will automatically renew according to the specified payment schedule applicable to the Subscription that you purchased and can be cancelled anytime. Please note, only future subscription terms will be cancelled so be sure to contact us at least 28 days before your next payment is due.
- During your subscription term we reserve the right to increase your direct debit payment, however we’ll notify you prior to changes by email or by post.
- If you’re an existing subscriber and have upgraded to a Membership, you will be able to downgrade to either Digital Only or Digital + Print Subscription by calling customer service on +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re in the UK, or +44 (0)1858 438838 if you’re overseas.
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which can be found at https://www.hearst.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Additional subscription-only terms:
- One-off payment offer:If you are not entirely satisfied with your subscription, you can request a refund for any un-dispatched issues at any time.
- For UK subscription enquiries, please telephone +44 (0)1858 438838. For overseas subscription enquiries, call +44 (0)1858 438838 or visit our FAQ's.
Beauty & Grooming Boxes:
- Beauty Boxes are sold subject to their description online.
- Beauty Box is available for purchasers and recipients in the UK and Northern Ireland only.
- When you place an order for a Beauty Box (“Order”) this will be deemed an offer by you to purchase a Beauty Box. Once you have completed and we have received the payment, you will receive a payment receipt email. This does not mean that your Order has been accepted. All Orders are subject to acceptance by us. The Contract between You and us (the “Contract”) will be formed when we accept your Order, which will trigger an order confirmation email to be sent to you. Once your Beauty Box has been shipped, you will receive an email confirming that it is on its way to you.
- Delivery costs may vary and will be notified to you during the purchase journey.
- Hearst accepts no liability, unless otherwise outlined, for lost or stolen goods where tracking information and evidence of delivery to you has been provided.
- Your order should be delivered within 7-10 working days from when the package leaves the warehouse. Occasionally, due to problems that are beyond our control orders may be delivered later than this.
- Customers are responsible for paying any duty and other customs clearing expenses.
- If an item is missing or damaged, please send a description of the issue together with a photograph (if possible) to email@example.com stating your full name, order number, reason for return. Once we receive your request our Customer Service team will then be able to assist you and provide a suitable solution.
- You have a right to change your mind within 14 days after the date when you receive your Beauty Box. We will refund you within 14 days (or up to 28 days in the case of cheques) of receipt of your returned, unopened Beauty Box. It is your responsibility to return your Beauty Box, at your own cost, unopened and products unused, in all the original packaging, with your order details and proof of payment with ‘RETURN’ clearly marked on the outer box. If the Beauty Box is not returned in accordance with these terms, you will not be eligible for a refund. Return Address - Hearst Magazines, John Stanley House, Sterling, Kettering Parkway East, Kettering, NN15 6WY
- The customer is responsible for return delivery charges and we recommend you return items via insured, registered or recorded delivery. Proof of delivery is not sufficient to receive a refund. The box must have been received by us in accordance with these terms in order for you to receive a refund.
- Although we take all reasonable care to ensure that the information on our website is accurate and reliable, there may be instances where descriptions or products may contain pricing errors, typos and other errors which we may correct without liability.
- Actual colours/shades may vary from the colour on your screen (for example due to monitor colour restrictions), therefore colour finishes displayed online are intended as a guide only.
- In some circumstances where a certain product is unavailable another product of equal or higher value will be used as a substitute.
- We also reserve the right to cap quantities purchased and to amend, suspend, or terminate a promotion at any time due to inventory, shortages, or user breach - including after an order has been placed/processed.
- Hearst Terms and Conditions apply to your purchase. In the event of any inconsistency between the Hearst Terms and Conditions, and these Beauty Box Terms, these Beauty Box Terms will take precedence.